[MiQP-Mail] exchange

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 14:16:03 CST 2004

In a message dated 3/29/04 11:44:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, kg8jk at qsl.net
writes:

> I am from Emmet Co. MI and will be operating both SSB and CW. Could someone
> email me a sample CQ and report. I know what to say for SSB but would like
> some suggestions for CW including abbreviations.

Here's what I set up in the seven keyer memories of my computer logging
program (NA).

It should do about 99% of what you will need!

1.     CQ MQP DE KG8JK KG8JK  TEST

2.     K8XYZ NR 123 EMME

3.     TU DE KG8JK TEST

4.     KG8JK

5.     (the other guys call)

6.     (optional - see below)

7.     TU NR 123 EMME

With NA, an most other computer logging programs, when you press "Insert" it
will send the other guys call ("K8XYZ"), that you have already typed in, plus
the exchange (#2).  #5 will be the other guys call... whatever you have typed
into the callsign field.  The computer keeps track of and sends the qso
number, for which I used the example of 123.

I don't use #6 for much of anything.  You may want to put in a "?" (for when
you want a repeat, etc.) ,   "QRS AGN" for when a guy may be going too fast
for you, etc.

With #4 and #7, you can tune the band and work guys without having to use a
paddle, etc.

Of course if you don't have a computer, you'll have to send it by hand.

So a typical MQP QSO would go:

CQ MQP DE KG8JK KG8JK TEST

     K8MR

K8MR NR 1 EMME

     TU NR 5 OTSE

TU DE KG8JK  TEST

And so on and so on, hopefully many times!

I'll be mobiling though the northern LP, including EMME.   Hope to work you
many times, from many different counties!

73   -   Jim  K8MR