[MiQP-Mail] K8MQP - Cheboygan County

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 19:02:36 CDT 2005

K8CC, K8BB, W8MJ and KE8OC will be operating MiQP this weekend
multi-operator/multi-transmitter signing K8MQP from a location on Burt Lake
in Cheboygan County.  We'll be running high power with good
antennas.  We'll have three rigs running simultaneously, and we'll be glad
to QSY for contacts on additional bands/modes.

While propagation and activity is almost a given on 20/40/80, don't forget
to try 15 and 10 to give QSOs to out-state MiQPers particularly from the
western regions (who are often a source valuable multipliers) or our
colleagues from overseas.  Take note of the suggested "activity times"
offered in the MiQP rules (28 MHz during even numbered daylight hours and
21 MHz during odd-numbered daylight hours, SSB on the hour and CW on the
half hour).  K8MQP will be there looking for QSOs - come up and work us!

Good luck to everyone, have fun and if you're traveling this weekend,
travel safe.

73,

Dave/K8CC and the K8MQP Team