[MiQP-Mail] Every MQP is different

Paul Valentine Jr. k8aax at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 17 13:40:03 CDT 2005

Two years ago I remember working lots of stations on 40 Meter SSB in the first hour.  Last year that did not happen and I worked a lot more CW--mobiles and such.

This year I could not hear most of the mobiles or any other stations in the state of MI.  40 Meters would let me work East Coast, South, and West to MN.  So that is where I made my living--kinda.  Before I dropped down to 80 at night, most of the MI stations that I worked were within a few counties of here.  I could always hear K9TM in Monroe.

40 was acting like 20 when you can only hear one side of a QSO.  I could hear stations from around the country working someone in MI, but could not hear the MI station.  Or sometines the MI stations would come and go weakly.  This happened several times with K8XXX.  There are not many MI counties in the log.

                CW         PH
80             31           0
40             83           23
20             25

162 QSO's            62 Mults            18,662  Points               SOLP

No complaints---It is still one of my favorite contests.
Paul   K8AAX