[MiQP-Mail] NU8Z/m (w/ND5S) 2005 MIQP Summary

w8av at aol.com w8av at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 08:24:55 CDT 2005

Here's our effort in the MiQP.

CW QSO's  610
CW Mults    65
SSB QOS's   22
SSB Mults    13

Score:  96,876

Band conditions on SSB were horrible.  We could make ourselves heard so we spent
most of the time banging out CW QSO's.  20 meters was interesting during the
day.  We worked a lot of W4 - W7 and EU during the day very easily on that band
but 40 was too long during the day which hurt our short haul  daylight totals.
Went to 80 at 2330Z which got the rates back up and increased the in-state mult
totals and short skip Q's.

Contest highlight was running into the K8EPV mobile team as we were finishing
HUROn county.  This yielded eyeball and radio Q's and a couple extra county
mults while there were close enough for us to hear.

Thanks to everyone that gave us a call.  See ya next year in the MiQP and in
August when we do another tour of OH for the OQP.

73.................de Gary, AF8A & Goose, W8AV