[MiQP-Mail] K8UO claimed score and comments

Dave Edenfield freqied73 at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 21:46:33 CDT 2005

A delayed report from K8UO
Hello all, I think we all share the same general consensus about the bands
on the 16th. My preliminary claimed score for USECA is:
240 QSO points
52 county multiplier points
51 state multiplier points
4 DX (non-mult points)
for a preliminary claimed score of 24,720.
We had 6 stations at one time or another set up and running. SSB stations
were manned by 75- KC8RYX/W8RIT, 40- W8RIT/NJ8F, 20- N8VI/W8RIT, 15- KC8RYX,
and 10- W8EDX.
We also had a station on 20/40/80 CW run by AB8BT. The weather was
beautiful, which is more than I can say about the space weather. We operated
at MetroBeach MetroPark by Lake St. Clair. We did not make a lot of contacts
but still had a ton of fun operating as we do a lot of operating here at
MetroBeach, as we like to call them "Larks in the Park". There has been talk
of leaving rope in tree branches for hauling up wire antennas quickly.
Believe it or not I am already looking forward to operating next year, and
others will find myself operating and supporting the other states' QSO
Parties. I think I fulfilled at least one of my goals this year of
eliminating busted QSO's, I know of one that I made to K8MQP and KNOW that I
heard the received serial # but failed to log it. We'll see by the final
results. I did not come even remotely close to making a clean sweep of
counties on 40M, always next year. I'm still licking my wounds. I am still
busy entering our club logs, as well as club members that operated from
their home QTH for a seperate club entry. I see the value of the CW operator
for QSO points and will stress it more when motivating operators in the club
for next year.

73 W8RIT
Dave Edenfield
freqied73 at aol.com