[MiQP-Mail] K8UO MIQP announcement

Dave Edenfield freqied73 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 14:16:52 CST 2005

I am organizing the USECA club in operating fixed, 100W and multi/multi in
Macomb Co. We will be operating from Metro Beach MetroPark under the USECA
club call of K8UO. The park closes at 9PM so we may have to finish the
contest in our mobiles (possibly operating on 75/80M). As of now there will
be 3 stations setting up, myself (W8RIT) on 40M SSB, Brad N8VI on 20M SSB,
and Walt (WB8E) on CW bands. There will most likely be some people to arrive
at the last minute to operate and/or set up stations. We are looking forward
to some more beautiful weather, if it rains it will be more like operating
in Field Day. I will be trying some portable quick set up antennas, from a
dipole, a vertical, to a hamstick beam. I for one appreciate the effort the
Mad River Radio Club has made in publicizing the contest and am supporting
the effort at encouraging activity among local hams, both experienced and
those who do not as of yet have their HF privileges to become radioactive. I
have also motivated other club members to operate from their own homes if
they can't make it out to the park to combine logs for the club competition.
My goal for this year is to avoid some of the errors made last year at
missed contacts, points and mults, and also as many of you might have the
same goals: to make more contacts and a clean sweep of MI counties on 40M.
Good luck in the contest to all who participate, but above all HAVE FUN!! I
hope to hear you on the air.

73 W8RIT
Dave Edenfield
freqied73 at aol.com