[MiQP-Mail] MIQP

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 23:05:47 CDT 2006

At 06:58 AM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
>I think and wish the MIQP could be changed from Easter Sunday. Guaranteed
>much more participation. I know several not going to do it this year
>because of family precedence. Sad! Please consider?

Dwight,

I too am bummed that MiQP is Easter weekend, but there is really nothing we
can do about it.  By plan and tradition, MiQP is always the third Saturday
of April.  However, we can't just move it whenever we want with running
into someone else's event.  The Florida QSO Party is the week after MiQP,
and the Georgia (and possibly other) events are the weekend before.  Even
our current weekend is shared with the Ontario QSO Party.  The only way to
avoid Easter is to move out of April into May, but then we start to
encroach on the Dayton Hamfest, which would probably ruin activity even
worse.  (As a point of interest, the old MiQP weekend was what is now
Dayton weekend.)

So while you may think we contest sponsors are not paying attention, we
indeed are.  There's just not anything that can be done.

Dave/K8CC