[MiQP-Mail] Update MiQP 2006 Operations Map version 4.0

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Mon Apr 10 22:34:38 CDT 2006

MiQPers:

Version 4.0 of the 2006 MiQP Planned Operations map is now on the MiQP web
site.

Wow!  With input from N1IW, K8AAX. KK8I, NG8U, W1NN/m, W8PGW, W8UE/m and
WT9U/m, we have filled in the map.  ALL 83 MICHIGAN COUNTIES HAVE PLANNED
OPERATIONS FOR MIQP 2006!

WASH suddenly got busy.  In 3.0 of the map, lonely ol' WASH had no planned
operations - now there are SEVEN, with four fixed stations and three
mobiles.  If you don't work WASH this weekend, it won't be because nobody
was QRV...

One very interesting effort comes from Mike Bernock, N1IW who happens to be
vice president of the Yankee Clipper Contest Club.  Mike will be operating
portable near Atlanta, MI from Montmorency County with an IC-706 and
G5RV.  MTMO usually get's its share of "run-and-gun" mobile activity, but
it will be great to have a fixed station there to increase the county's
exposure.

A total of 157 counties were reported to be planned for activation.  Let's
hope the band conditions will cooperate :-)

73,

Dave/K8CC