[MiQP-Mail] MiQP N8M (N8XX OP) SOAB LP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 16 08:32:23 CDT 2006

CALL: N8M  (N8XX, Operator)
STATE: MI
COUNTY: KENT
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW MIXED
CLUB: Grand Rapids ARA
CLAIMED-SCORE: 36,112
  BAND    CW QSOs    PHONE QSOs
   80       136             0
   40        75             0
   20        33             0
   15         0             0
   10         0             0
         -------    ----------
Tot QSOS    244             0

QSO Pnts    488             0

Total Points       488
Multipliers         74
Final Score      36112

Anyone know what's inside one of these funny things called a
Microphone?  My main mic had a bad connection which causes a very bad
hum on SSB, and the backup mike didn't work atall.  (Of course, it
probably failed because of fright from being originally a CB mic and
then put on a Ham Station.  It worked on sporadic times some 5 or 10
years ago, I know for a fact, but....)

Conditions were lousey until 80 opened up at about 5 p.m. EDT.  I
thought my rig was broken for a while, because I heard nil at noon.
Went to lunche, came back, and heard some activity.  However, worked
only one MI station on 40. Skip on 20 was mainly to west coast and
Florida.  However, it looks like several stations specifically looked up
N8M call sign, because they had very low Q's near the end of the contest
period.