[MiQP-Mail] MQP - Propagation

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 17 13:04:24 CDT 2006

  The propagation on 40 meters was pretty interesting from here in SW Georgia.

  The band was open just about all 12 hours to somewhere in Michigan. K8MQP
  and K8XXX were beacons with very loud signals. Maybe S9 or a little higher during
  the day and peaking up to +20/+30 db when it got dark.  From my location WT9U amd
  NU8Z had the most consistantly loud rover signals.  K8IR , W1NN and K8MR were just below
  those two.  For some reason the AF8A team was not as loud as in the past. They
 disappeared for about a 4 hour strech and I was beginning to fear something happened
 to them.  There were also some hour streches that I didn't hear K8MR or W1NN at all.

 Some of the rovers had good signals on 80 meters as well. I heard K8MR at esp level as early
as 2300Z but couldn't get the QSO # from Jim.

    It was interesting just the week before in the GQP I was working CO on 40 meters at the beginning
  of the contest and had a CA call me at 2 PM in the afternoon on 40 SSB. I don't think I ever had
  worked a W6 that early on 40 meters. It will be interesting what propagation will be like in FQP
  this coming weekend. For my sake hopefully not good on 20 meters so I will have a chance to work
  more rovers on 40...

  73, Jeff