[MiQP-Mail] N9FN - Berrien Co

Dave Chasey wn9nbt at purdue.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:59:29 CDT 2006

Mike (N9YB) and I (N9FN) were once again at the QTH of Ken (WB9WYR) and
operated most of the 12 hours available.   There were several signals we
couldn't pull out over the S9 +10 noise level on 40/80 at times.

Rigs were IC-751A for Mike running CW, I was on my 756pro.

Antennas were B&W all band folded dipole at 140', B&W 20/40 dipole at 45',
and a vertical wire about 80' or 90' in a tree with an Icom AH4 tuner and 4
random length radials.

As everyone else noted, the bands were pretty lousy in general.   It was
frustrating to call CQ time after time with no responses.   It was still a
fun time.

I hope to work you all in the Indiana QSO party on May 6-7.
http://www.hdxcc.org/inqp/index.html

73,
...Dave - N9FN

=====

MICHIGAN QSO PARTY

Call Used                   : N9FN
Last County/City Ran        : BERR
Callsign(s) of Operators(s) : N9FN N9YB
Entry Class                 : Multi Operator
BAND   CW     PH     MULTS
80       24      53     33
40       72      56     47
20       25      19     23
15        0       0      0
10        0       0      0

Contact Points:   CW(121 * 2) + PH(128 * 1) = 370
Multipliers = 103 MI Counties/States/Provinces (52 cw + 51 ph)
Claimed Score:  38110