[MiQP-Mail] Increase activity

n0wy@alltel.net n0wy at alltel.net
Fri Apr 21 21:17:03 CDT 2006

Allow me to set forth one of my gripes as an out-of-state contester.  I have sent in MQP logs since 1998, only missing 1999 and 2000.  In 5 of those I was the top (or only) operator from the state of Nebraska.  In 1998 I made 18 contacts and got a certificate.  I have not received one since.  2002 I made 51 contacts, 2003 was 53, 2004 was 31 and 2005 was 21 (recognize the propagation leaving?).  This year I made 22.  Will I get a certificate?  Probably not - because on the awards page there is a restriction that says an out of state operator must have 25 contacts to earn a certificate.  Tell you all what - the one in Michigan that makes the most contacts in the Nebraska QSO party starting Saturday at 1800z will get a certificate - no matter how many contacts they get.

73 and hope to hear you on the air!

Steve N0WY
Scoring Manger Nebraska QSO Party