[MiQP-Mail] help with miqp plans.

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 20:57:48 CST 2006

At 01:53 PM 3/14/2006, Pat Collins N8VW wrote:
>Looking for a family friendly place to operate portable?  Would like to be
>up in the Sleeping Bear Dunes area.  Suggestions?

Pat,

Check out this link:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr

Over on the left side there is a link for "Recreation and Camping" where
they have some links and maps to all of the state parks with rental
cabins.  Many of the parks have "mini cabins" or "camper cabins" which
sleep 4-6 people and are not too expensive.  Some of them even have 220 VAC
with space heaters (or you could use a ham amp as a space heater).

The W8HP team (WD8S and the Hazel Park ARC guys) operated MiQP from one of
these mini-cabins in HURO in 1999.  That would be the first idea I'd
try.  We looked into these for the K8MQP trip last year before decided to
use KN8S's vacation home.  I think there is a couple of parks with cabins
out in the area you're interested in.

73,

Dave