[MiQP-Mail] Suggestion for improving participation in MiQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Mar 20 17:20:45 CST 2006

I've reserved N8M for the weekend of MiQP.   Look for me on the CW portion, and possibly the phone portion, if I can find my microphone, and if the modulator part of the TR-7 still works.  :)

Based on interest of folks who contacted me when I operated W8B in the Ohio QSO party, this should improve my chances of getting contacts during the Michigan QSO party.

We could have something like 75 one by one calls operating during MiQP, and, if folks would reserve them early enough, we could get them all listed in QST and elsewhere.  This could generate a LOT of extra interest in folks who want "special event" wallpaper.  It's too late to get listed in QST for this year, but there's always next year.

The "wallpaper" I use is a photo of the hamshack or operational site, with either stickon labels for the contact info or printed info from my 4 by 6 printing device on my computer (if and when I figure out how to do this feature!)

I know that some "die hard" contesters say that 1 X 1 calls are harder to get across during a contest, but I haven't found this to be a problemme.  There seems to be many "queue's" of folks who learn about the special event station, which makes up for any difficulty in getting across the 1 X 1 call sign.

73 de n8xx Hg
Operating N8M KENT during MiQP