[MiQP-Mail] 1 X 1's for MiQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Apr 13 23:09:32 CDT 2007

Hank,

IF you con the operator into taking your MiQP info and giving you
similar info back that would certainly qualify.  I don't know how the
contest committee handles "unique calls" - but I haven't heard of anyone
being disqualified for them.   I've been successful in nabbing someone
calling CQ without the "CQ MiQP" or "CQ OQP" and getting him/her to qsl
my info and give me the proper info.  Might not be exactly what the MiQP
committee had in mind, but it's a legit QSO.

And, N9NE will qualify, (I presume) because he will enter as operating
from Michigan.  I don't see anything in the rules/guidelines which say
the call has to include a 8 land prefix, just that the person has to be
considered as a Michigan participant and have the first letter of his
suffix the same as one of the letters of MACKINAC.  Shucks, we'd be
delighted if we had a 9 lander enter as N9N, or N9K, similar to the N4O,
KØK, WØK, W7A AND WØL who entered in the OKQSO party and were considered
equal to their W/K/N counterparts in the spelling contest.

 From the rumblings I've been getting about this event, MiQP should be a
grande party this year!

73 de n8xx Hg