[MiQP-Mail] CW question

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 09:25:30 CDT 2007

I fully agree that the more fixed station activity the better.   However,
mobiles can very effectively cover a state the size of Michigan.

In the 2006 Ohio QSO Party (the results of which are at the printer) the  top
five stations in number of counties worked missed 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 of
Ohio's 88 counties.

Of the top three stations, 14 of the 15 counties missed were unique.   In
other words, with one exception what those guys missed the others  worked.  Of
the top 5 stations, only 1 county was missed by three  people.

So there are stations out there.  The trick is to work them.   Especially in
a contest like MiQP - a lot of counties, 12 hours, activity spread  out among
several bands and modes - working them all is one of the great  challenges in
contesting.

And if that still seems too easy, work them all on both modes.

73  -  Jim

Team Special K

In a message dated 4/16/2007 10:06:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,