[MiQP-Mail] N8N update

k8bb at comcast.net k8bb at comcast.net
Thu Apr 19 20:09:51 CDT 2007

Things are falling into place (sure to go haywire now ... ).

The Jeep station is just about complete. N8NM received the shiny new
HamSticks from HRO yesterday (just in time!) so we drove to the local park
and tuned them. As opposed to an "extra long" 75m resonator for 80m, we
chose to employ the K8MR tuning method and added capacitance to the
resonator by way of a piece of copper wire bent into to T and a small hose
clamp. It dipped (not much of a dip) at 3538 and the antenna tuner in the
ancient IC-765 seemed to eat the rest (weird feed-point impedance) without
complaint.

The laptop-GPS navigation computer was tested and a back-up file with the
route installed. The logging computer is being prepared tonight to enable
instant county changes.

We *may* leave LEEL out of our route, if we are falling behind early on.
AD8J will be a beacon in Leelenau County for sure!

Looking forward to it!!!