[MiQP-Mail] MIQP, N8M(N8XX) SOAB LP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 22 13:10:54 CDT 2007

Michigan QSO Party

Call: N8M
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KENT COUNTY
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

   80:   89     27
   40:  112     22
   20:   13
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  214     49  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 36  Total Score = 49,131

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This is my second year in Michigan, and MiQP.  Personal Best!  Not bad
for a LID operator and a wet noodle wire antenna!   I bought a new
microphone for my Drake TR-5, and managed a few SSB Q's, for an added 36
Phone multipliers!  It was nice to work several stations from Kent
County - last year I heard nary a one.  Propagation during MiQP on 40
and 20 was poor.  40 metres was a bust for in State - only 8 counties
worked on 40 CW, most in the upper peninsula, none on 40 phone.  Even
though I looked for the Mobiles according a "proposed schedule" I could
hear only a few of them, except for those which came through locally.
(Thanks, WT9U on 40, for the KENT county - you must have been next
door!)  20 metres had a pipeline into the Czech Republic.  I did manage
a few west coast stations, but they were generally weak.  Oh, well, the
experts tell us that we have actually hit the low for the current cycle,
so maybe next year!