[MiQP-Mail] NF8M in MIQP

nf8m at fmaynard.com nf8m at fmaynard.com
Mon Apr 23 09:41:36 CDT 2007

We operated fixed portable QRP from our Boy Scout Troop's campout at
Kensington Metropark.  Only did 60 Q's but we had fun and the boys were
fascinated watching and listening to all the CW.  Missed spelling Mackinac
by one letter though :(  but probably gave a few people their M.

40m 12 CW
115 x 40 mults = 4600

Antennas were an 80 meter doublet strung up about 30 ft in the trees, and
a 40 m wire vertical.  The boys helped put the antennas up and we used the
exercise as an opportunity to quiz them on their knots. Probably could
have worked a lot more but had camp duties as well.  We also helped a
couple of the boys complete their Radio Merit Badge. 73 to all es cu next
year!

--
Frank Maynard, NF8M
nf8m at arrl.net