[MiQP-Mail] AD8J Portable in LEEL

AD8J ad8j.1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 11:50:01 CDT 2007

MICHIGAN QSO PARTY

Call Used                   : AD8J

Last County/City Ran        : LEEL

Callsign(s) of Operators(s) : AD8J

Entry Class                 : Single Operator

BAND   CW     PH     MULTS

==========================

80      154     105     86

40       90      64     53

20       57       7     17

15        0       0      0

10        0       0      0

Contact Points:   CW(301 * 2) + PH(176 * 1) = 778

Multipliers = 156 MI Counties/States/Provinces (84 cw + 72 ph)

Claimed Score:  121368

This was a solo operation.  I drove up to LEEL from Pittsburgh, PA.  The
trip
takes about 8 1/2 hours each  way.  I stayed in a friends vacation home
right
next to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.  I put up inverted Vee
antennas for 75, 80, 40 and 20 meters.  Radios were a 746PRO and an old
TS-830S.  I should have run a beverage antenna as it was really noisy on 75
and
80 meters.  Lots of advance planning and doing a dress rehearsal setup,
before I
left home, resulted in no missing gear and no visits from Murphy.  This is
the
third time I have operated from this location.