[MiQP-Mail] N8C - Roscommon County

k8gt at twmi.rr.com k8gt at twmi.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 23:59:19 CDT 2007

Call: N8C
Operator(s): K8GT
Station: N8C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ROSC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.0

   80:   45     75
   40:   38     17
   20:    7      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   90     92  CW Mults = 55  Ph Mults = 51  Total Score = 28,832

Club: SE Michigan DX Assoc

Comments:

     The Good: A great location with a little elevation near Houghton Lake,
     a nice clean place with tall oaks far enough apart on a good sized lot,
     and great weather.  TNX to Bob Rea for letting me use the place.
     A nice 1x1 Special Event callsign comemorating the 50th anniversary of
     the Mackinac Bridge (pronounced "Mackinaw") and operating in a
moderately
     rare county and all the rest of the world looking for Michigan stations
     and counties.  Backup rig, IC735 Power Supply PS55 is plug compatible
     with TS850 DC input socket, (see "The Bad" below).  WB8E
unexpectedly in
     ROSC gave me my mult, (and I, his).

     The Bad: Slingshot broke before all antennas were up.  Only raised two
     antennas out of four, and not as high as planned.  Forgot to bring the
     Astron SS30M power supply for the TS850. (see above)(due to below)

     The Ugly:  Last minute car failure meant that instead of leaving home
     Fri. at noon and arriving at 3pm, I left at 6 and arrived at 9:30pm.
     Lost almost 3 hours of the contest trying to put up antennas on Sat.