[MiQP-Mail] MIQP Reserve a county

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Tue Feb 20 17:48:59 CST 2007

MiQPers:

If someone is looking for a rare county to operate from this coming
April, here are some good candidates:

Allegan, Cass, Charlevoix, Chippewa, Luce. Montcalm, Ontonagon, or
Schoolcraft counties

According to our records, none of these counties have ever hosted a
fixed station effort.  These *have* been activated by mobiles who stick
around for 30-40 minutes, but never by fixed stations who could satisfy
the demand for that county in an MiQP.

The list is exactly half upper and half lower peninsula counties.  You'd
think that the UP would have the majority of such counties, but there
are a LOT of LP counties that lack the population density to be very active.

These records go back to 1978, but we're missing a few years.  If
anybody has a copy of the MiQP results from 1979, 1992, 1995, 1996, or
any year before 1978, the MiQP committee would love to see a copy.

73,

Dave/K8CC