[MiQP-Mail] Contact from Hell, February 3

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Jan 22 10:38:29 CST 2007

No this isn't a joke.  N8H will be activated from Hell, Michigan on
February 3, between 1400Z and 2359 during the annual Arizona ScQRPions'
F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff contest (your fill in the letters after the B)
:).  We invite any and all MiQP'ers to make a contact with us (and
other  FYBO contestants) during this period.  A special QSL will be
issued to  anyone working us who sends a #10 or larger SASE to Hank
Greeb, N8XX, 5727 11 Mile Rd NE, Rockford MI 49341-9502.

Formal announcement which has appeared in various forms in various
reflectors follows (edited for this audience):

On February 3, 2007, several hams are "going to Hell" (Hell, Michigan,
that is) to operate during the AzScQRPions "F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff
(FYBO) contest. So far, the contingent will include Ed, AB8DF,
Cortland,  KA5S, and Hank, N8XX. A special event call of N8H has been
reserved.  We'll be operating on all the "QRP" frequencies, but the best
chance for Michigan ops will be on 7.04 (CW) or 7.285 (SSB) MHz. We will
be  operating between 1400z and 2359z. Other frequencies which may be
useful, especially for folks in other states who participate in MiQP,
are 14.060 KHz and  21060 KHz (CW) and 14285 KHz and 21385 KHz (SSB).

We will try to activate a station on the preferred mode Hellschriber.
If  we get FeldHell working (and we're close) listen on 7.075-7.082,
14.075-14.079, and 21.063-21.070 MHz. but depends on whether any of us
can figure out how to run those fancy things called Computers to run
software. (Gee, where's the button on my Sp*rk gap rig labeled
Hellschriber??? :)

For details on the contest, see
http://www.azscqrpions.org/FYBO2007_01072007.htm

Note that you do NOT need to be outside freezing, nor do you need to be
running <5 Watts to work us. We'll accept contacts from anyone, so try
running any power from QRP up to the full legal limit.