[MiQP-Mail] [MRRC] Spell Michigan or Mackinac

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Mar 9 17:51:43 CST 2007

Your points about six weeks until this year's MiQP is very valid.  I
don't know how well MRRC is organized, so I defer to your experience.  I
know some local clubs don't plan events more than a month or two in
advance, others plan things a year or more in advance.  And, most clubs
have a few members with "deep pockets" which can be tapped for special
projects.

I thought of Mackinac Bridge 50th Anniversary because there's a
committee being formed right now for a July celebration.  It takes 1 to
2 daze to get a 1x1 call approved thru ARRL VEC, no charges involved.

I'd chip in a "reasonable" amount - and I believe that others might do
the same.  Could we get 5 or more folks to donate money ($100 average?)
for such an endeavor?  We won't know unless we'd try.  I don't know how
many folks would try to get them.  I bought mugs for $3.00 each a few
years ago for 25 mugs, so with inflation we might need to pay $4 or $5.

At your suggestions I'll put the idea on the MiQP reflector and see how
it flies.    Perhaps it is better to table this until 2008, and look at
what public statewide anniversary might be commemorated in 2007 unless
there's a ground swell of support for the idea.

73 de n8xx Hg