[MiQP-Mail] Spice up the pie..

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 10 22:16:25 CST 2007

--- David Pruett <k8cc at comcast.net> wrote:

> Now I'll add the caveat that this is strictly in terms of the number of
> in-state entries received.  One major difference between the "old" and
> "modern" eras is the increased level (both in terms of quantity and
> quality) of the mobile activity which MiQP now enjoys.

Activity by mobiles begets activity by out-of-state stations.  There is a
county spotting #IRC channel (see ch.w6rk.com).  Ask any mobile operator about
the pileups they get when going into a new county (assuming they've been
spotted).  And W6RK is sponsoring a county hunter Top List which encourages
working counties on as many different bands and modes possible (see
http://www.w6rk.com/ccatoplist.htm ).

I'm grateful to the operators who get on in their state QSO parties, whether
fixed, portable or mobile.  So many advertised state QSO parties are duds
because of lack of in-state activity.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us