[MiQP-Mail] Spice up the pie..

Stephen M. Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Sun Mar 11 12:50:12 CST 2007

I'll step up to the plate and volunteer to sponsor a "Rookie of the Year"
plaque for the highest scoring MiQP virgin.

I agree with Dave's comments about increasing activity at the grass roots
level.  I don't think some additional incentive would hurt, though.  The
ARRL SS Coffee mugs, pins and brooms come to mind, and, doesn't the League
require the recipient to pay for their own mug or pin?  That type of
arrangement would keep MRRC from having to put up the $$ for the awards.

Perhaps offering some sort of trinket for achieving certain "milestones"
(working WAS during the contest, for example) might entice people to not
only get on for the contest, but to stay on for the duration.

That's my $0.02 worth...

73 and see you next month!

-Steve N8NM