[MiQP-Mail] Spice up the pie...

Dave Edenfield freqied73 at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 16:38:14 CST 2007

I would like to say that I like the idea proposed to "spice up the pie..."
anything that will put one foot forward with a small effort will help. I
will be trying to motivate as many of the newly licensed HF hams to get on
and make some contacts for the MIQP with maybe a little elmering from me
with what little knowledge I can share. Imagine how many hams there are in
the state... how many are active... how many send in a log... how many make
contest contacts... that # can always improve.
I would also like on a side note to propose something for next year that is
related. I would like to suggest that maybe a contest within other contests
be started. My idea is to total the # of QSO's made in ALL of the various
states QSO Parties. I feel that this would help the MIQP by "energizing"
other states QSO Parties regulars by participating in the MIQP as well as by
us participating in theirs. Sorta like you scratch my back, I scratch yours.
It would be nice to mutually support each other. Maybe this would open up a
whole new can of worms. Just something to consider.

73 W8RIT
Dave Edenfield
freqied73 at aol.com
w8rit at arrl.net