[MiQP-Mail] I'll bite the bullet to Spice up the Pie

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Mar 11 23:07:18 CDT 2007

I'll draft, print, and pay postage for certificates for anyone
"spelling" M-I-C-H-I-G-A-N (or M A C K I N A C - take your choice, one
or the other) from the first letters of ANY contact within Michigan
during the upcoming MiQP.

Lettuce discuss, either here on the reflector, by e-mail, or @ the
meeting in Dayton, whether we can get 21 folks to apply for 1 by 1 calls
(W, K, N) of the letters in Michigan for 2008, and limit the "spelling"
to 1 by 1 calls.  I know it is exceedingly easy to get a 1 by 1 call,
and it is also an attraction, rather than a detriment, to have a 1 by 1
call during a state QSO Party.  (I've run W8B several years in a row
from Ohio in the OQP, N8M last year in the MiQP, and N9Q in the Illinois
QSO party, with "great success" (for me)) The ops in Oklahoma had a ball
with the 1 by 1's to spell OKLAHOMA.  The overall level of in-state
operation in OK seemed lower than in Michigan or Ohio, but the mobiles
really went after it.

We can also discuss whether we'd seek some "deep pockets" for coffee
mugs or some other memento during the "SPELL" for 2008 MiQP.  I'll ask
the OK folks how many they had for their offer of mugs to get some idea
of what might be involved in such an effort in Michigan.

73 de n8xx Hg