[MiQP-Mail] 2007 Mackinac 1x1 call update

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Mar 28 18:00:34 CDT 2007

It's probably a matter of time before MACKINAC will appear in modified
rules and/or awards pages on the web.

Yep, I enjoyed spelling OKLAHOMA so much during the OKQP that I proposed
to spell MACKINAC. The last question I saw was "who will handle the
certificates," so I volunteered to print and mail the certificates.  I
think it was approved, but, as you say, it hasn't made the rules.

Folks seem to be piling on the bandwagon with requests for 1 x 1 calls.
  We might even get all the letters in MACKINAC as 1 by 1 calls,
if present trends continue.  We have a bit over three weeks to go!

In the meantime a new "rookie award plaque" has been offered, and
publicized.  Since it was publicized, it seems that it must have been
approved.  It hasn't appeared in the rules nor on the awards page.

I'd not be worried about whether the rules or the awards pages haven't
changed.  I will say this should be a very interesting MiQP

Hg