[MiQP-Mail] 2007 Mackinac 1x1 call update

Morse, Earl (E.A.) emorse at ford.com
Thu Mar 29 13:51:15 CDT 2007

Both the Big Mac 50 and the Rookie award plaque were late comers.  By
all means run with them for this year but sufficient publication
publicity would only come with earlier notification.  The announcement
has already run in QST and the contest is only 3 weeks away.

The rookie plaque is now a sanctioned MiQP award and justifiably would
be administered by MRRC and the MiQP committee. The Big Mac thing is a
separate event that with proper advance warning could be announced
simultaneously with the MiQP activity and awards but would not be
administered by MRRC and the MiQP committee unless they decided to take
it on.  I think it is a good idea that may raise some activity for the
event but for someone to come up with the idea and dump it off on the
committee without their consent would not be the right thing to do.

Run with it this year as a contest within a contest and then start
earlier with the planning for next years special event competition.

Earl N8SS