[MiQP-Mail] Mackinac 50th Certificate

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 29 20:42:41 CDT 2007

The certificate being offered to commemorate the 50th anniversary by
spelling the word MACKINAC using the first letter of the suffix of
stations worked is officially endorsed by the MiQP Committee as part of
the event.  It was the Committee who included the announcement of it in
the text which we sent to the Michigan ARRL Section Manager, Dale/WA8EFK
for publication in the Michigan Section Newsletter.  The MiQP
logchecking team already has software in place to check for the complete
spelling in every entered log.  We will also include announcement of the
award in the postings concerning MiQP on CQ-Contest which we send out
the week before the event.  The MiQP Communications manager, Mark/NU8Z
will mention the award in the pre-contest e-mails he is sending out.  A
notice about the two new awards will be on the MiQP web site home page
this evening.

The Mackinac 50 award it should be noted, is not being administered by
the MiQP Committee, but rather by the person who conceived the award,
Hank Greeb, N8XX.  This award, and the new "MiQP Rookie Of The Year"
plaque sponsored by Steve Murphy, N8NM, are the first of what we hope
might be a new trend in privately sponsored MiQP awards which augment
the plaques and certificates currently offered by the committee.  This
awards are certainly "official" in that the MiQP Committee, as part of
the process of scoring the contest, will determine who the winners are.
We are simply tapping non-committee resources to be able to offer more
awards for MiQP participants.

Just in case anyone is interested, in MiQP 2006 37 stations spelled
"MACKINAC" using the first letter of the suffix of stations they worked.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC
Director
Michigan QSO Party