[MiQP-Mail] OQP moved to April, concurrent with MiQP.

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 13:34:39 CDT 2007

The Ontario guys have been stealing our (Michigan's) weekend for some time.
<<  :>)  >>   But we get a two hour head  start on them.  And we don't have to
wake up on Sunday morning.

It seems like the folks on the other side of the ponds (Huron and Superior)
like to hang out among themselves, not spending a lot of time up in the USA
bands. With the expanded US phone bands, that will no longer be possible on  75
meters this year.  But they can still hide on 40 and 20, as well as on  VHF.

The Contest Club of Ontario took over the running of the other OQP last
year.  Whether they can, or want to, arrange a culture shift remains to be  seen.

The VE3 guys want an RST (as well as QTH), which is pretty easy. We have to
get a qso number from them, a somewhat tougher proposition.

So be nice, give the VE3 mobiles another qso even if you think it  is a dupe,
and just hope we both get good conditions.

73  -  Jim   K8MR