[MiQP-Mail] K8MQP - WASH county

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 20:05:18 EDT 2008

Our Cheboygan County location is not available this year because our
host KN8S will be away.

After considering other potential locations, and the wishes of the
operator team, we decided to stay near home this year and activate K8MQP
from the K8CC home QTH near Ypsilanti, MI (Washtenaw County).

The operation will be multi-multi, the extent of which will be dependent
on how mnay operators we can attract.  At a minimum it will be three
stations (80, 40, and 20/15/10) but it may grow as large as six
simultaneous rigs if we can recruit enough ops.

We regret that WASH is not as rate as CHEB, but those are the breaks.
Perhaps being closer to Detroit will allow more QSOs on the high bands
of 15 and 10.  We'll have a dedicated rig on both bands at the published
activity times.

Two weeks and counting!

73,

Dave/K8CC