[MiQP-Mail] Suggestion for Awards Programme

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Apr 7 16:15:29 EDT 2008

I was impressed with an excellent pictorial certificate I received from
the New England QSO Party today.  It was for working 10 members of the
sponsoring club.  I hardly remember working the NEQP - but what I
remember of it there didn't seem to be nearly as much activity as with
either the MiQP or the OQP.

I've been in other QSO parties where I received a certificate for
working a certain number of contacts.

I note we give a certificate for the high scoring entry from each S/P/C
who make a certain number of contacts.

My suggestion would be to give a certificate to any entrant who makes a
minimum number of contacts - don't have a clue as to what that number
would be.  From a perusal of the 2006 & 2007 results it would appear
that if we left the numbers as is there wouldn't be many more
certificates to issue.

I also note that we don't mention winners of certificates on the
"plaques" page.  Count we have a "certificate winners" page on the web site?

Just a couple random thoughts.

73 de n8xx Hg