[MiQP-Mail] W8OAK - OAKLand

Joel WU8Y wu8y at arrl.net
Tue Apr 8 15:10:59 EDT 2008

(Apologies for the previous emailus interruptus.)

As Randy WF5X stated, Oakland County ARPSC plans to activate the
county EOC communications center for the Michigan QSO Party.  We
intend to attempt to familiarize as many ARPSC volunteers as possible
with HF communications; it's fundamentally different from the more
typical ARPSC VHF & UHF communications.  Furthermore, we intend to
demonstrate to our served agency, Oakland County government, our
ability to establish infrastructure-free communications links with
locations within Michigan and outside the State.

If things go according to plan, we'll run three stations; one for each
mode on 40 m and another station on both modes on all other bands.  We
plan to be using temporary antennae for the 40 m stations.

73 de Joel WU8Y