[MiQP-Mail] 2008 MiQP Planned Operations

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Apr 12 18:35:04 EDT 2008

MiQPers:

I just updated the MiQP 2008 Planned Operations Map on the MiQP web site
http://www.miqp.org.  A big thank you to everyone who sent information,
particularly the mobiles K8IR/m, N8MR/m and W8RU/m.  I think we now have
a pretty clear picture of where activity will be needed to cover all the
counties.

I think there is two mobile teams still to be heard from with their
final plans: N9NE/m and K8BB/m.  If N9NE could hit GOGE and IRON, we'd
have the Upper Peninsula covered.  K8BB lives in suburban Detroit, so
it's hard to tell where they might go.  But it's clear that the
northwest portion of the LP is ripe for activity.

While the mobiles are important because of their multi-county coverage,
we would be remiss to not notice some new planned fixed station
operations which will plug a lot of holes on the multiplier sheet.  N1IW
will be coming in from his New England home to activate Montmorency
again.  N8NJA and crew will be putting the Osceola County EOC on the
air.  N8MRC will be on from Ionia County, which has only had one fixed
station operation in the 30 years of recorded MiQP history.

Please don't feel ignored if I've missed mentioning your operation.
Your activity will be appreciated and will make the 2008 an even better
event.

With one week to go, there is still time to talk up MiQP with your
friends and fellow amateurs.  Just because a county has a committed
operation, we'd love to see more.  Not to minimize out-of-state
participation, but its the in-state activity which makes the contest fly
- to give both in-state and out-state participants someone to work, and
to bolster the multiplier totals.

Only one week to go!

73,

Dave/K8CC