[MiQP-Mail] Ga QP was: Lettuce Pray ....

hank k8dd k8dd at arrl.net
Sat Apr 12 23:45:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Todd Fonstad <tfonstad at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Hank, n8xx, posted "If things are as bad next week as this week, 40 will
> be
> an almost complete bust for in state Q's.  I've been dabbling in the
> Georgia
> QSO party this afternoon, and many mobile signals are just at the noise
> level on 40, and nil on 20.  I haven't checked 80 yet."
>
> I also dabbled in the 'test today and found identical conditions here in
> eastern WI. However, 80M has been humming this evening. The good news on
> 80
> is that not only are the GA fixed stations and mobiles reasonably good
> copy
> (and there are hordes of callers on the rovers), but close-in stations are
> very strong as well. Heard were K8DD, n8xx, N8MR, and numerous IL and WI
> stations. That bodes well for 80 and 75 in the evening as local and
> 'distance' bands, as well as during the day for local contacts. Best get a
> wahr up for 80!
>
> 73
> Todd
> N9NE
> Oshkosh

Yeah, I agree, Todd ..... 40 wasn't real good this evening, but 80 and 160
were good into GA.  And your sig was fairly loud here.  Heard quite a few
8's and 9's on 80 and 160.

The last couple of years we started moving to 80/75 around 4 or 5 ET.

73    Hank    K8DD

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon