[MiQP-Mail] Lettuce Pray for a few sunspots for April 19

Michael Rudzki n8mr at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:19:12 EDT 2008

Todd,

If you were hearing N8MR last night on 75 Meters at around 0030 UTC last night,
please give me a signal report! That was my first attempt at 75 Meter Phone (and
some CW into a >3:1 mismatch - ouch!) with my mobile setup. I was outfitting the
2004 Impala with a new autotuner and a never-used 75 Meter Hamstick for next
week's trip up the east coast of the LP.

>From my position (in the driveway, directly below a wet maple tree), there were
several S-9 GA stations on the air and it wasn't impossible for them to hear me,
but most of the time, I had to wait for whatever pileup to settle down before a
QSO was possible.

What are the consequences of running CW in the Phone portion of 75 Meters,
aside from being missed by CW-only ops? Or should I be looking into a top hat
arrangement for the Hamstick?

73,
Mike, N8MR