[MiQP-Mail] Lettuce Pray for a few sunspots for April 19

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 13 14:53:54 CDT 2008

We need a truly effective recruiting effort for fixed stations in each
of the 83 Michigan Counties.  With mobiles running 20 and 40 during the
day, stations in Michigan are at a severe disadvantage when attempting
to work them.  We had 35 different counties reported by fixed stations
in 2007, some of them making a very few contacts.  That someone outside
Ohio actually contacted 80+ counties during MiQP 2007 was a true
accomplishment!

Back when we had sunspots, I was able to work a few Ohio stations during
OQP when operating from SW Ohio, and 40 was a gold mine for Ohio
stations up until at least 2000Z, sometimes later.  Even then, the
propagation from weak mobile stations was problematic.

73