[MiQP-Mail] CW

Phillip_H_DeRuiter at whirlpool.com Phillip_H_DeRuiter at whirlpool.com
Wed Apr 16 15:50:26 EDT 2008

Right on

Phil DeRuiter
K5PDR

"hank k8dd" <k8dd at arrl.net>
Sent by: miqp-mail-bounces at miqp.org
04/16/2008 01:05 AM

Jimk8mr at aol.com
cc
MIQP-Mail at miqp.org, N8MR-Mike Rudzki <n8mr at twmi.rr.com>
Subject
Re: [MiQP-Mail] Lettuce Pray for a few sunspots for April 19

Ummm ..... I believe the whole band is CW, isn't it?
Shouldn't it say "CW contacts must be made in the CW, RTTY, Data only
portions of the band"?

I know how it was meant ..... but we should interpret what the rules say,
not what they mean.
www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/Hambands_color.pdf

And, no, I'm not going to operate CW above 3600, 7125, 14150, etc

73    Hank    K8DD

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:23 AM, <Jimk8mr at aol.com> wrote:

> CW must be in the CW bands:
>
> 8) Miscellaneous:
>
> (b) No cross-mode contacts.  Both stations must be using the same  mode
of
> transmission.  Also, CW contacts must be made in the CW portions of  the
band.

> 73  -  Jim  K8MR
>

> In a message dated  4/13/2008 7:19:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>
> n8mr at hotmail.com  writes:
>
> What are the consequences of running CW in the Phone portion of  75
Meters,

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon