[MiQP-Mail] 2008 MiQP observation from a Minnesota op

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 20 18:50:33 EDT 2008

Note to Mobile ops.  I heard several using a /county designator, but it
apparently wasn't universally used.
I operated off and on during this 12-hour event in a 2-band effort. I
only worked 1 Michigan station on 20 meters. Propagation was not
favorable. I logged 65 of the 83 counties, a little short of my 90%
goal. I entered this contest without a specific plan other than to
support this Party and have some fun.

With the MN and WI QSO Parties fresh in my memory, one difference I
noticed was mobiles did not use the /CTY extensions often. This slowed
down my S&P efforts because I had to wait for a QSO to take place before
I knew they hit a new county.