[MiQP-Mail] FW: MiQP N1IW Single Op LP

N1IW n1iw at verizon.net
Thu Apr 24 09:31:35 EDT 2008

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N1IW
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MTMO
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  125     60
   40:  141     83
   20:   61      1
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  327    144  CW Mults = 75  Ph Mults = 57  Total Score = 105,336

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WoW, what a blast! Blew away my 300 Q goal for this one. 20M was vy
productive
to the west in the afternoon, 40M and 80M vy quiet after dark; no t-storms
contend with. A lot more fun playing in this one from my cabin in MTMO than
it
is playing from the home QTH in NH. I have no internet up there but I could
immediately tell when I was spotted by the zero-beat packet pileup that
formed.
Lots of fun moments, one to relate: being moved from 20M cw to 20M ssb by
OM2VL
to get the mult!

Station set-up vy simple: IC-706MKIIg barefoot onto a home built 80M OCFD
running roughly N-S up in the trees at abt 40 ft. N1MM and MicroKeyer for
rig
control and logging.

Only odd thing to note was that many stations appeared to be confused by me
sending "MTMO" as the abbreviation for Montmorency County, especially on
SSB. I
would say serial number then, "mike-tango-mike-oscar" and then get total
silence
from the other station while they tried to figure out the county. I guess
there
is some logging software out there that does not use the "standard" MI
county
abbreviations... Wonder why.

Anyway, had a blast, thanks for the Qs and see you all next year from MTMO!

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/