[MiQP-Mail] Rover categories

ad8j.1 at comcast.net ad8j.1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 16:27:57 EDT 2008

With the price of gas going up, operating portable in just a few locations starts to make financial sense.  PA generates lots of portable stations mostly because of the great Fall weather/leaves.  I'd
like to see states have several portable/rover categories:  Portable 1 from just one location; Rover 2 from two locations; Rover 3 from three locations; and Unlimited Rover from more than three locations.  Only in the Unlimited Rover category should mobile operation be allowed when moving between counties.

I'm now in IDR county FL and have my antenna support trees selected.  Keep your fingers crossed that the "Conbo Comandos" don't raise too much of a stink!  I'll be running 100 watts to dipoles about 25' above the ground.  That should give you a feel for what a rover signal should be like.

--
John Getz, AD8J

Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to dial one for English!