[MiQP-Mail] MiQP "MACKINAC" Certificates

Love, Randy RLove at RGIS.com
Fri Feb 15 17:54:15 EST 2008

Excellent job, Hank.

I agree with you about it generating a bit more interest. As I've said
before, half the reason I work the PaQP is to try and get one of those
"Worked all PA counties" plaques... (I keep coming up one short tho,
darn it!)

As for possible events for this year, I read somewhere that 2008 is the
100th anniversary of the incorporation of General Motors.... Just a
thought thrown out there...

73,
Randy
WF5X

-----Original Message-----
From: miqp-mail-bounces at miqp.org [mailto:miqp-mail-bounces at miqp.org] On
Behalf Of Hank Greeb
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:24 PM
To: Mad River Radio Club
Cc: Michigan QSO Party Reflector
Subject: [MiQP-Mail] MiQP "MACKINAC" Certificates

I've FINALLY got the MiQP "MACKINAC" Certificates from the 2007 event
ready to go into the mail.  With any luck I'll drap them in the mail
tomorrow, certainly by Tuesday (Monday is a legal holiday, and the post
office won't be operating.

This brings up a point - I volunteered for the task, figuring that we'd
have 20 or at the outside maybe 50 certificates to send out.  I believe,
at last count, we had 140+ certificates.  The cost to me was $200+ for
printing, envelopes, postage.  I contracted to do this, so this is not a
complaint.

But, this turned out to be a big job.  I got about 1/3 of the
certificates mailed shortly after the results were available, put the
rest aside, and things dragged on and on and on.  I apologize for the
delay,

I suggest that the availability of a certificate generates interest.
Many ops said they'd participate regardless, but we had folks from
Europe, Canada, and a whole bunch of Untied States, outside of Michigan,
who qualified.

I believe we should have a certificate for the 2008 event.  I haven't
researched what that certificate might commemorate.

I do think we should either make the criteria more difficult, or we
should charge a nominal fee to cover expenses.  Something like $2.00 per
certificate would cover the cost, and, perhaps, make a small bit of
money for the treasury, if we'd get a break on printing as happened to
me at my local print shop.

Lettuce thimk about the possibilities for an award certificate for the
upcoming MiQP.

73 de n8xx Hg

NOTE: The information in this email may be confidential and legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or
disseminate the information; please advise the sender immediately by reply
email and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus
or other defect that may affect any computer system into which it is received
and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus
free and no responsibility is accepted by RGIS, LLC for any loss or damage
arising in any way from its use.