[MiQP-Mail] MiQP "MACKINAC" Certificates

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Feb 17 18:32:10 EST 2008

Randy:

Yep, GM turns 100.  I did a google search for "General Motors
Centennial" and there were numerous articles.

One of the most popular seemed to be

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2008-01-01-gm-birthday_N.htm

That certainly is of significance to Michigan, and could be considered
for a MiQP special event award.

If I were choosing something to commemorate for the MiQP I'd prefer an
anniversary of some governmental or social significance, like the
Mackinac Bridge was in 2007, but these might be harder to find.  For
example, I looked at the Historical Society of Michigan Web site, and
didn't find any way to search for centennial, bi centennial, etc.,
events in the state.  I'll call them on Tuesday and see if there's a way
to do such a search.

I'd be willing to sponsor such a special certificate for the 2008 event,
but, we should decide early enough to "get the word out."

73 de n8xx Hg