[MiQP-Mail] Re; Wisconsin QSO Party - Sunday 9 March

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 18:27:31 EST 2008

Thanks for the WIQP announcement, Hank! I run both the WI and MI parties
from the mobile. Maybe I’ll get the bugs out of the system this Sunday
before I cross over the border to the UP next month....

Just a reminder that Daylight Savings Time begins on the 9th, so the WIQP
runs from 1 pm to 8 pm CDT (2 pm to 9 pm EDT). This is a relatively short
but lively and very intense event.

If we are lucky, a sunny Sunday will accidentally pop up between the
snowstorms of our eternal winter. However, the surfaces  of some of the
county and town roads that I will have to drive are still coated with packed
snow and ice. It is always interesting operating the paddle and computer
while bouncing around on them!

I’ll be handing out CW Q’s from 18 to 20 counties. Please listen for me and
the many other mobiles (as well as fixed stations) that make this a very
enjoyable activity. We’ll be up ca. 50 KHz from the bottom of the band (CW).
80M will be important all afternoon if conditions are similar to the last
two years.  Once a county is worked on any mode, it cannot count as a
multiplier again, so I’ll save my voice for the MIQP. That said, there will
be plenty of WI stations on SSB.

Hope to see you in both ‘tests!

73

Todd