[MiQP-Mail] Log Book of the World

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 11:08:08 EDT 2009

Paul Valentine Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
> I finally got myself up and running in LOTW a few weeks ago.  I loaded
> last year's Nov SS log just fine.  But when I tried to load last
> year's MQP it said that it did not recognize the contest.  I had
> created the Cabrillo file from NA just like I did for SS.  Is there a
> simple answer to this?  I have tried several times and have not
> figured out what the software wants from me.  Thanks,
> Paul K8AAX

Paul,

I suspect the LoTW team has bigger concerns than making the site
correctly interpret Cabrillo files for every possible contest.

I have uploaded almost 300,000 K8CC QSOs to LoTW fron just about every
possible contest using ADIF files rather than Cabrillo.  ADIF is a more
generalized format and carries the definition of each data field within
the file.

ADIF is simply a different choice on NA's "SELECT FILES TO WRITE TO
DISK" menu.  Your ADIF file will have the extention .ADI.

73, Dave