[MiQP-Mail] MiQP - KK8I Single Op LP

Ulrich Ann dl2hbx at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 19:06:57 EDT 2009

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: KK8I
Operator(s): KK8I
Station: KK8I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OAKL
Operating Time (hrs): 4.3

   80:   95     43
   40:   43     11
   20:    0      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  138     54  CW Mults = 54  Ph Mults = 39  Total Score = 30,690

Club: SEMDXA

Comments:

This was my last Michigan QSO Party from the States. No winning effort but I am glad that I turned on the radio this weekend.

I originally had no intention to play in the contest because my brother and his family flew back to Germany on Saturday afternoon. However, when we came back from the airport, the bug bit and I quickly set up NA (too quickly - did not hook up the keyer interface and forgot about UTC vs. EST. Will have to fix that later). I finally made the first QSO at 7:37pm EST.

An hour later, my family asked me to stop operating because I was messing up the TV. I ended up reducing the power to a level that was acceptable to them, so from 8:30pm until 11:15pm I was on with 25 watts. Line noise on 40 (S7) and 80 (S9) was another issue but there were enough strong signals on the band to make QSOs. Later, QRN made things difficult for everybody. Only five QSOs with mobiles but I enjoyed calling CQ and not taking the contest too seriously.

It was fun running into a couple of friends and I enjoyed the evening. I hope to be on next year again from DL.

73! Uli, KK8I (DL2HBX from August 2009 on)

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

--