[MiQP-Mail] MiQP-KALKASKA COUNTY

Scott Yost nm8rmedic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:34:47 EDT 2009

First, thank you MiQP committee for sponsoring the contest.

I really look forward to this event.  First, it's "our" party. Our State is
big, but not so large that we've not visited and know most of the areas
other ops are located in.  Plus this reflector gives us a chance to share
ideas and get to know each other.  And it's neat to feel like DX.  I took
the day off work to do some things around the house, and to work the QSO
party.  It was worth it.  I had a great time, as usual.

To answer K9TM's question about the in-state/out-state QSO mix, in 216 CW
QSO's, I worked 10 Michigan counties. I was surprised at how low that seems
for 40m.  Anyone else care to share their county ratio?

The only RFI complaint I had was from my wife.  She said the mouse cursor on
her laptop was flying around the screen when I transmitted.

CREATED-BY:    NA Version 10.61
CONTEST:       MI-QSO-PARTY
CALLSIGN:      NM8R
OPERATORS:     SCOTT M. YOST
CATEGORY:      SINGLE-OP 40M LOW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 22048
CLUB:          MICHIGAN 45TH PARALLEL RC
ADDRESS:       KALKASKA, MICH 49646