[MiQP-Mail] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday, August 22.

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 22:02:23 EDT 2009

I'd like to invite all of you to join us for the Ohio QSO Party, on
Saturday,
August 22. Like the MiQP, it runs from noon to midnight EDT.  80  through
10
meters, phone and CW, with multipliers counting on both modes  (for a total
of 88x2 = 176 possible from outside  Ohio).

Full  info is available at     http://www.ohqp.org.      THIS IS A CHANGE
FROM
LAST YEAR.

We in the Mad River Radio Club, the sponsor of the OQP since
1999,  for various reasons decided to move the administration of the  OQP
this new site from the old one (www.oqp.us).  The holder of  old site has
tried to  take over the running of the OQP from this old  site, which
remains
online. So please be sure to change any old bookmarks  you may have had.
We regret any confusion arising from this, please bear with us!

We would also welcome any visitors from Michigan to travel south for the
day
to operate from Ohio.  There are lots of generally rare counties in
northwest Ohio,
not at all far from Michigan. We also have a "Rover" category, that  allows
operation
from fixed setups in multiple counties, and of course a mobile  category.

And of course we hope to see lots of Michigan qsos in our logs (especially
if
the propagation gods would be so nice as to allow some short skip on 40
meters!)

See you on Saturday, August 22 !

73  -    Jim  Stahl  K8MR

President, Mad River Radio Club